Sunday 2 August 2015

Tajpur - Virgin Sea beacons

Sea side is the best weekend gateways and those who loves to sit idle beside a roaring sea with a drink in hand. This tranquil beach is a fast growing honeymoon destination from Kolkata.So, forget about Digha or Puri, it’s time for Tajpur. I don’t know how many will agree with me regarding the stunning beauty of a Virgin sea side of Tajpur with indomitable nature calling you to shake hands but those who disagree I would like to suggest them to go there for once and see it yourself.


Star Fish at Tajpur Beach
Star Fish at Tajpur Beach
Tajpur is a small village in West Midnapore district of west Bengal & can be reached easily within 3-3.5 hours from Kolkata. It is well connected by railways, & roadways but I always prefer to go by Train. Train is an amazing media which attracts me always as the journey itself is beautiful.
But what I must say we need to seriously think about the cleanliness & hygiene about the when travelling in train. It’s our responsibility to keep it clean man!
When the first rays of sun glitters on the sand & water the whole beach turns golden & create a mesmerizing effect. You’ll feel that you are in El Dorado. Sun plays hide & seek with his Friend Sea & when sun hides behind the clouds strong winds kisses your soul & refreshes it. When I reached the shores it was cloudy along with heavy wind. I screamed loud & wind took my words may be on the other part of the ocean. I don’t know whether there was anyone on the other side to hear me but a lot of local vendors who sells fish heard me. I tried some fresh fish fries & trust me they were awesome.


Golden Beach at Tajpur
Golden Beach
Twin Shells
Twin Shells
You are in Tajpur and you don’t bathe in sea is out of question. I jumped at the sea early & took 4 hours to freshen up my senses with the natural salts (not to forget the sands also). Man I was dead hungry & ate like I had not for a couple of days. Tajpur is also famous for its casurina & Tamarisk trees. You can sit idle & watch the waves or feel the tranquillity of the lonely see. It’s refreshing & rejuvenates your mind.


Lonely Boat
Lonely Boat
Tajpur is also a good place for bird watchers. You can find a lot of birds which are very common but still hard to find in Kolkata these days. I saw Green bee eater, Black Drongo, Golden Oriole, Barbet, woodpecker, lapwig, Cormorant & kingfisher. Another thing you will find in plenty in Tajpur which is Red Crabs. The whole beach is filled up crabs & their holes. Sometimes you might see some symmetric geometry in the formation of their holes (Crap!!). You’ll have to run real fast if you want to take a snap of them.
Green Bee Eater
Green Bee Eater
Now here comes our responsibility to save these places & take a good care of the surroundings. As more tourists are coming these days but none cares about the cleanliness of the nearby places. The casurina jungle in front of the sea beach used to be a good place to watch birds. But you’ll find it full of human waste & garbage. Why can’t we keep these clean? Are we going to make the whole world a dustbin?
How to get there
You can reach there by 3-3.5 hours by road or by Train. You can get buses from Esplanade, Kolkata. Get down at Ramnagar & board a vehicle to Tajpur. It would cost you Rs 300-350.
Where to Stay
Plenty of hotels are there in Tajpur. I stayed at Tajpur Retreat which is really good. The rooms are big & food is mouth watering accompanied by friendly staff. You can give it a try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment